Most corporate executives agree that the shortage of “ready-now” leaders is cause for concern.
In a recent CLG CHRO study, we found that accelerating the leadership pipeline was among the top three priorities for virtually every organization we interviewed.
Those interviewed indicated:
- Critical experience gaps exist - All across corporate America, Baby Boomers are retiring in record numbers, taking with them years of leadership experience. How can your organization ensure that Gen Xers and Millennials are prepared to effectively step into leadership roles?
- Gaps are present from top of the house to bottom- Companies are forced to fill roles that used to require 20 years’ experience with two-to-three-year veterans
- Tipping point - This is a pivot point that we will never again see for aligning our leadership and business strategy
To solve these issues, it takes a deliberate, targeted approach. An approach that is tailored to the specific needs of your organization and individuals.
Consider complementing the programs you have in place with others that will accelerate leadership development:
- Make certain your specific leadership capabilities and competencies are tightly aligned with strategies and organizational goals.
- Take a Leadership Pipeline Audit which will provide data to help you pinpoint specific gaps and areas of greatest opportunity in your leadership pipeline.
- Aim to create a Talent Development Leadership Culture by identifying business critical behaviors that grow leaders’ capabilities to effectively develop self and others.
- Pinpoint specific ways to maximize return on investments in individuals with leadership potential.
- Rapidly up-skill mid-level leaders in essential capabilities.
To learn more about how to strengthen your leadership pipeline and maximize organizational performance, download the brochure Ready, Set, Accelerate Your Leadership Pipeline.
*Deloitte’s 2016 Human Capital Report